Digital marketing can be intimidating. It seems like there are so many moving parts, and it’s hard to know where to start. Luckily, there are some incredible free digital marketing tools out there that will help you track your success, optimize your website for search engines and more.
Here’s a roundup of the best free marketing tools for marketers on a budget:
Google Analytics is a free tool that allows you to track and measure your site’s traffic, as well as keep track of which pages are being viewed. It also allows you to see where visitors are coming from (including search engines, social media networks, etc.), how long they stay on your site and what they do while they’re there.
This data is essential for any business owner who wants to grow their company by understanding how their website is performing compared with other sites in their industry or market area.
There are many reasons why you should use Google Analytics:
- It’s free! There’s no excuse not to use this powerful tool if it can help improve your digital marketing efforts and increase sales conversions by helping you understand what works (and doesn’t work) on your website better than anyone else would be able to tell just by looking at the numbers themselves without knowing anything about how websites work behind-the-scenes first hand like we do here at WebNerds HQ – we’ve been doing this since 1999 so trust us when I say “we know our stuff!”
Google Webmasters is an essential tool for any digital marketer, as it allows you to monitor the performance of your website in Google search results. You can also use it as a way to keep track of how well your content is ranking in SERPs, which can be useful for both SEO and PPC purposes.
You can use Google Webmasters for:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Track how your pages are performing in the SERPs with this free tool from Google! Use this data to improve site architecture, create better landing pages or improve organic traffic from search engines like Bing/Yahoo! etc…
- Pay-per-Click (PPC) – Monitor ad clicks through AdWords campaigns so that you know exactly how much each click costs before making changes based on ROI projections.
Ahrefs is a comprehensive suite of digital marketing tools. It offers link analysis, social media monitoring and tracking and keyword research capabilities.
Ahrefs’ link analysis tool provides you with an overview of your site’s backlinks by analyzing their strength, age and other factors such as anchor text usage and domain authority (DA). You can also use this tool to find out if someone else has linked to your content on their site so that you can reach out to them with a reciprocal link request if necessary.
The social media monitoring feature allows users to track mentions about their brand across multiple social networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc., allowing them to respond quickly when something goes wrong or take advantage of positive opportunities such as new followers/likes/shares etc.. This feature also makes it easy for businesses who want their products featured in news stories about relevant topics related directly back into the conversation surrounding those topics so that they don’t miss out on any potential customers who might otherwise never hear about them before it’s too late!
SEMrush is a powerful tool for competitive research, keyword research, and backlink analysis. It’s one of the most popular SEO tools out there and for good reason–it has everything you need to make informed decisions about your online marketing campaigns.
SEMrush allows you to see where your competitors rank on Google so that you can better understand how they’re gaining traffic or driving leads through their website. You can also use SEMrush to uncover new keyword opportunities by analyzing what keywords are bringing them traffic (and whether those keywords would be relevant for your business). Finally, SEMrush helps identify which websites have linked back to yours so that you can reach out and ask these sites if they’d be interested in linking again (or perhaps even sharing some content).
Buffer is a social media scheduling tool that allows you to schedule posts to different social media platforms. It also helps you share content from other sources, monitor your performance and see what works best.
- Canva is a great tool for creating social media graphics and designs for presentations, websites and more. You can use it to create your own templates or download existing ones from the Canva library.
- It’s completely free to use, so if you need help with design but don’t want to spend money on a professional designer then this is an excellent option.
- Canva has been designed so that it’s easy to learn how to use even if you have no previous experience with graphic design software or apps such as Photoshop or Illustrator; all of its tools are laid out in an intuitive way so that anyone can get started quickly! It also works on mobile devices too which means there’s no excuse not getting started today!
You don’t need to spend money to do digital marketing well.
- Google Analytics
- Google Webmasters
- SEMrush (note: this is a paid service)
If you’re just starting out with digital marketing, these tools can be a great way to get started. They will help you track your traffic, keep an eye on your competitors and make sure that everything is working correctly on all of your social media platforms. If you have any questions about how any of them work or would like more information about any other free tools we didn’t mention here today, please feel free reach out!