Adwares were born when computers were born. As computer technology evolves, so will these malwares. Both are created to generate money. These malwares are not just a simple spider crawling all over the net, it is business.
Viruses, malwares, and spywares don’t come as a shock to computer owners anymore. What the computer owners are now concerned about is what approach and what software should they use in preventing these unavoidable bugs from penetrating their computer or computer network and break it. These virtual pests flood the internet every day and are very good at concealing themselves. There are millions of them.
Among the malwares, spyware is the most common cause of concern. Spywares are classified as adwares that gather information from a computer and send this information to their developers. Other forms of spywares are Trojan viruses, worms, hijackers, keyloggers and dialers.
The characteristics of a malware infection are:
1. Slow web browsing.
2. Your computer is tampered by the spywares and they modified almost all of your settings.
3. Adware pop-ups everywhere even if you are not connected to the internet.
4. They disable your antivirus and firewall program, preventing you to access the Task Manager, msconfig and regedit for troubleshooting purposes.
5. If you have discovered that your computer made a call on its own, it is surely infected with some porn virus.
6. New unfamiliar icons in your desktop, taskbar or system tray are indications that some adware is in control of your computer.
To get rid of spywares permanently is impossible. But there are ways to avoid it. The task needs patience and utmost dedication but it would worth it. Here are some tips on how to prevent spywares:
1. Use a firewall. With the advanced technology of spyware developer, we cannot be sure that they won’t be able to hack it but it is still worth the precaution.
2. Scan for viruses regularly or better yet, every time you shut down your computer after a day’ s work to ensure that a virus is not hiding inside and give them time to multiply while your computer is idle.
3. Kill the spyware using dependable spyware software, not just from a free download that is all over the internet pages but from a legitimate company with a website.
4. Get the best education when it comes to all kinds of malwares so that you will know how far they can affect you computer and know the best solution immediately on how to fix it.
5. Don’t forget the physical computer itself. Ensure that nobody can use it after you have turned it off. Put a password so that if something goes wrong, you are the last user who can analyze how a spyware got into your system.