The older a computer gets, the slower it becomes. The performance of a computer reduces as it gets older. The solution to this problem is not buying a new PC but following a few simple precautionary steps. These 5 simple and effective steps that will help you have a like new computer are:
1. Delete unnecessary files: You can lighten your computer by deleting unnecessary files from the hard drive of your computer. These files could be any video or music or some documents that you don’t need any more.
2. Check your RAM capacity: A computer gets very slow if you open too many programs at the same time knowing that the RAM of your computer is low. Try and increase the capacity of your RAM to improve the speed of your computer.
3. Uninstall unneeded programs: Go to Control Panel and remove all the unwanted programs. Check the list of programs installed on your computer and delete the ones that you don’t use. You will be amazed at the increase in the speed of your computer as the load on the hard drive will be reduced.
4. Defrag the system: Defragging helps in arranging the files making it easier for the computer to find files. Defragging can be done by going to My Computer, selecting the local disk, then clicking on tools and starting the defragging process. By defragging, all the empty spaces in between the files get filled by the consecutive files and files get compacted.
5. Run your registry cleaner: Keep scanning the computer regularly and make sure that the computer is free from corrupted registry. This registry can be scanned manually but it is advisable to download a registry cleaning software and use it to keep the computer hard drive clean and free. This is one of the best ways to keep your computer free of virus and by scanning the hard drive, the speed of your computer also increases.
A lot of people believe in buying antivirus software that help keep the computers free of viruses. These software also help in increasing the speed of the computers. This software also help in improving the computers performance but you should always try to use money-free steps first. The main objective is to increase the efficiency of the computer and if it can be achieved free of cost, then why spend money.